Friday, April 29, 2011
I Have No Close Friends
So you are probably curious about me and why I have such strong feelings. Well, I am in all honors classes, chorus, basketball, baseball, ultimate frisbee, Boy Scouts, piano, Youth Group, Track and Field, and I get straight As. You may think being in all of these things would make me popular. WRONG! I was in a park district basketball league in which no one from my school was on my team or in my league. Currently, there are two drifters on my baseball team who go to my school and they respect me but don't talk to me. Ultimate frisbee is a pickup game twice a league with only adults with my dad who like me because I am extremely good. I have one friend in chorus and the other eighth graders don't care for me (even though I am amazing at singing and they admit it). My friend in chorus is also in Boy Scouts with me. I have friends from other schools in scouts. Piano is individual. Everyone else in Youth Group is in high school. One friend in track. Honestly though, I have no close friends. One could say my friend in Track is close but we rarely hang out and he is in none of my classes. I only see him at track and he is moving out of state this summer. Five of my main friends are/have moving/moved. I had a great friend in elementary school who moved in 5th grade. Also, I had another great friend who moved last year. My nerd herd friends/study friends are all moving to high end high schools on the east coast. And my "close friend" is moving too. This is why I want to start a new life at a new high school. I don't walk/talk with students in the hall. I usually work by myself and people let me be. I have many acquaintances though for example the sixth graders on the bus, the guys who talk about NBA basketball with me, the kids I sit with at lunch (who don't talk to me at all, and I eat my lunch in silence usually but at least I sit with them), kids who are in same track events, kids who want to be in my group for some sort of educational contest because they know how smart I am and they will win with me, my teachers are some of my greatest friends, and the other kids who care about their future. I never hang out with anyone on weekends. A modern middle-schooler would say I have no life but I would say the exact opposite. By the way, I am very fat and ugly though I am attempting at losing weight. Everybody else is just jealous of me because they know that I am better than them. I am the most mature usually. Nobody wants to be friends with me because they know without thinking about it that I will succeed in life more than they will. This is why nerds are unpopular. Here is little article about it. http://www.paulgraham.com/nerds.html. I don't really want or need a friend to be successful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment